Friday, October 5, 2012

LA Orientation


Here I am, writing this at the end of orientation.  In just a few hours we'll be leaving for the airport and boarding a plane that will eventually lead to Samoa.  Orientation has been a whirlwind introduction to the Peace Corps.  Besides the wonderful 13 people going to Samoa, we also met 30 new volunteers going to Vanuatu.  

It's been wonderful finally meeting everyone that I'm going to be spending the next 2 1/2 years with!  The picture to the right is everyone (minus one person) that's going to be in my group!  It's amazing that we can all fit at one table.  Everyone is so amazing and chill, I feel so lucky to be around a great group of people.  

A group of us decided to go to Subway for our last dinner in America last night.  We all stared at the ingredients, making oh so careful choices on what we would eat for our last dinner.  Not the best restaurant but mmmmm it tasted so good.

It was odd for me packing my luggage (again) and thinking that the next time I would open it, I'd be doing so in Samoa.  I think it's finally hitting home that I'm in the Peace Corps!!

The goodbyes at the airport were tough, and tears were definitely shed during and after.  I'm so lucky to have such a supportive family.  I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Onwards to Samoa~

1 comment:

  1. ah this is so wonderful. Your new family :)

    Let the adventure begin.

    ha ha yes you and I shed a few tears at the airport. tears of love baby!

    Have an awesome flight! Looking forward to the next update.

    love you - mom

    ReplyDelete